Productive Day

Rain is storming thought today, blocking out the suns full potential. I thrive on the warmth and glow of the sun so I’m wondering how today will go. It’s my fifth day of having my new medication and yesterday was more productive than I’ve been in a long time. Hopefully, this is a sign of it working and helping me not feel so dark. Dark is the only way I can think to describe it because when you’re in the dark, you can sometimes feel very closed in and alone.

Yesterday was different though, the sun was out for the most part but I had plans on cleaning the house really well. In the past, I would say this and yet spend most of the time sitting in my chair without the energy to get up. Yesterday, I got up and made breakfast for everyone, we sat down and ate while talking. Then I got up and did the dishes while starting a load of laundry. The main goal that I’ve been talking about was really scrubbing the bathroom down. We only have the one bathroom and it’s on the small side since it’s an older house. But my nephew doesn’t know how to clean it really good with bleach so I got in there on hands and knees to scrub. It felt good to get that done, although I can see this morning where I missed some spots and will need to go back in.

While I was doing the bathroom, my nephew started to put things away in the living room but honestly, I think he was a little all over the place and did things here and there so it didn’t make a huge impact. I came out, folded the laundry that had already been in the dryer, put it away and then moved the first load I started, into the dryer. Starting another load in the washer, beginning another cycle. Then I didn’t stop, I went into the living room and cleared off the tv stand, which had accumulated an abundance of video games and movie cases along with the dust that gathers with them. It felt so good to wipe it down and be able to see nothing but the shine of the base. I found by accident that the spray I was using worked on part of the artwork that my granddaughter had left on the walls a couple of years ago. I’ve never been able to get it off until now, although some parts still remain, it looks a lot better. She insisted on trying to get the rest off and since it kept her busy, I let her go at it.

The next load of laundry was dry by that time so I sat down in the living room this time, with a big basket and clothes hangers to tackle this one. It was well into the afternoon by this point so we finished up, went for a little drive to get a soda and some ice. We then came home and started dinner, pasta. After dinner, I did the dishes and took a shower, followed by sitting in my chair to watch another show and then off to bed.

It was a productive day, one that I haven’t had in a long time. Normally I would say that I want to accomplish things but then half the day would be gone by the time I thought about getting up. I’m praying that this is the start of a good thing, it’s been a very long time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

About meinaboxblog

I like to think I'm a normal everyday woman but my mind tells me otherwise. I fight my battles and post them here. I don't tell my family and real life friends that I write here. This is my own little way of having "someone" to talk to. My own little therapy session if you will. I welcome comments and opinions but I have enough negativity to last a lifetime already . My world is changing and now more than ever I need support and encouragement but I'm still too afraid to let anyone know that it's me writing here.